Thursday, April 15, 2010

The wind up

Music season is starting in Music City, USA. I'm excited. I am quite possibly on the verge of taking my career seriously. By that I mean that I have sunk money into an online distribution of the album, I have t-shirts being made and I'm trying to make myself get down on a seat and make a tour schedule.
The only thing that's holding me back are those pesky student loans. Perhaps I could file for deferment. That would be grand. After I make my alleged millions, I could pay off those financial leeches (of course, after buying my dad his 1967 Stingray).
Music
Madi Diaz, anyone? I need to buy her album Ten Gun Salute, but for now, I've got two singles "Let's Go" and "Love Me Now". Both wonderful allowances into the world of construction, composition and melody. I just bought "Love Me Now" and it's currently on it's 8th play.
Also, Mikky Ekko. Holy smokes, kid. Your pipes are beautiful. Get it going!!
work
My tenure at the Nashville Children's Theatre comes to a close on Saturday and then hopefully I'll be picked up by the Nashville Ballet for their production of "A Midsummer Night's Dream". How grand that would be! Totally beats an office job. Speaking of which, there is the opportunity that I could land a pretty sweet one. Sounds to good to be true, but if it's true, then I can pay my student loans off in a year, paving the way for a possible return to school in three years for law school.
Location, location, location
Looking for a new place. The ol' lease is up at the end of May/beginning of June. We'll see how that goes. I know of one nest that I can definitely land in. Other than that, it's somewhat of a free for all. We'll see.


For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11 (cliche, but deal with it)

1 comment:

Billi London-Gray said...

Glad things are sailing - would you run sound for the ballet, or what? D and I are temping at the IRS right now. It'll only last for a few weeks, but no complaints. And I want a t-shirt when they're ready. :O)